So it’s time to focus on running in 2014! And if the runs I did in 2013 were like dipping my toe in the proverbial running pool, 2014 will be like diving head first from a 40 foot diving board at full speed!
I have set up some pretty lofty goals for the year and am excited to embark on the adventure. Below I highlight the runs I am scheduled for but in all it is a handful of 5K’s, 2 Half Marathons, 2 Duathlons, a Triathlon and a Tough Mudder.
This all started because my goal for 2014 was to run a Triathlon. From there it expanded to a few other runs, and next thing I knew here I am with a schedule of 120 miles in runs.
I do put out this disclaimer: I have not consulted anyone in the health field as to if this is something I should be doing or not. But as always I will listen to my body and know the difference between discomfort and actual pain. But even then I tow the line pretty close.
So here is what my schedule looks like to date:
- January 19th- 5K
- February 1st- 5K
- February 14th- Singles 5K (gotta do something that day, right?)
- March 30th- 5K
- April 13th- Half Marathon
- April 19th- Duathlon
- May 4th- 10 Mile Philadelphia Broad Street Run
- May 18th- Duathlon
- June 22nd- Triathlon
- September 21st- Philly Rock ‘N Roll Half Marathon
- October 11th- Tri State Tough Mudder
Since my running is centered around the triathlon, I have been involved in a lot more spinning classes of late. Here are a few studios I would like to personally endorse for people to check out in the Philadelphia area:
- Body Cycle Studio- http://www.bodycyclestudio.com/
- Flywheel- http://philadelphia.flywheelsports.com/locations/center-city
- Fitness That Fits-http://www.fitnessthatfits.net/
- Ride Cycle Studio- http://www.ridecyclingstudio.com/
I am looking forward to this year. 2013 did not quite end the way I would have liked it to on a personal note, so I am coming into 2014 with a focus on completing these runs and taking myself to the next level. Once again I have never considered myself a full fledged runner, but I enjoyed 2013 and the way I pushed myself towards the half marathon. So I want to build on that moving forward.
“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”